Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Warrior

I don't know why that's the title of my blog today, but deal with it. Every Monday I make my students "blog" about their weekends, and lookie here, I'm doin' the same!


Was a pretty low key weekend for Ms. C. I am doing pretty well sticking to my no drinking rule. I did have a mimosa at brunch on Sunday- but it was for a celebration! Sweet Anna Beth's birthday. Ok, let me get back to Friday...


Friday I met Courtney's parents, and we went to dinner at Manuel's in the Arboretum. Yum! I had my usual nachos and it was a plesant little super. Meanwhile, across town, Brooke, Jason, Hanna, Jeff, David and Steven went to a free hot yoga class. I really wish I could have seen this in person, but the text I got from Steve that said "Yoga can go to hell" pretty much sums up how he and Jeff felt about it. Fu and I are going to try and make this Friday's class...should be interesting! After din I met up with Heidi, Whit, Marcus and Al to do a little bowling. Funny as it is, an hour earlier, I found out that I'm going to be playing in the Austin Sports and Social league this spring. So this was a good time to work on my game- which is NONE. I havent really bowled since HS, and even then we had bumpers, or I was looking at a solid 60's or 70's range...but in my frist game I bowled a 122! That was by far the highest I ever got. Second game...eh, not so much. Here's our (me and Whit) excited faces with our scores, and Alison's not so excited score with her 52 haha. After 2 games, I went home, read in bed and fell asleep.





Saturday, I wish I took pictures. I woke up at 7:30- too late to run with TNT, but enough motivation to run bymyself...until I saw the thermometer...18 degrees! Holy crap. I bundled up some (not toooooo much) and went for a pleasant 7 mile jog. I forgot my ipod, so I had no idea what time it was, or no sound to keep me busy. Most times I would have gone CRAZY, but it was so peaceful out on Town Lake...nobody was there, parts were frozen over, it was just perfect. I really, really enjoyed myself. My knee, however, did not feel the same way. Son of a B, this is going to be an  obstacle in my running.


After that, I slept like a baby, met with Paul to work on swim team stuff, watch the Ags BTHO out of Nebraska, and made my way downtown. Went to Shoal Creek Saloon with a big group to watch the Cowboys game! How exciting, glad they got their first after season win since '96! That's nuts. In the 4th quarter, me, Al and Eagan went to go see Avatar in 3D at the IMAX. Such a cool movie. The story line and plot were a little dense, but the special effects were amazing. It was my first 3D movie, and I hope it's not my last!





Lastly on Sunday I went to Anna Beth's birthday lunch at Max's Wine Dive (DEE-licious, and the picture below), then studied all afternoon with Fu and Court, and finally got to see Steve later at night.



Twas a relaxing weekend, and a great one as well. Next weekend should be filled with puppy sitting (!!!) and swimming (!!!) and Aggie basketball!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment