Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oops I did it again...


Turns out, I'm not very good at keeping up with a blog. I'll try a bit harder. This month is suuuuper busy at work, so not a whole lot of time. Lets see...last week was pretty fun. Flew out to Chicago Friday with my best friend- on Friday we caught up with Bird and went on a cold Chicago night stroll, did a little window shopping in Lincoln Park, went back, got ready and went to a birthday dinner with Lindsey's co-worker Sarah. Ummm cutest girl EVER! Place was good, a little expensive though. Then we shimmied over to Social 51 or 25, I can't remember what number it is. Cool hip club downtown Chicago- had a Kanye West cover band- but he basically covered everything from Journey to Usher. Lots of dancing! Drinks weren't strong, aaaand they were $8 each! Gross. My bank account is still mad at me from that night. My body was too- that night I broke out in hives everywhere. I had this happen once when I was around Tyler's dog, Snoop. He just had a flea bath and I had the same reaction. I had to go to the dr to get a steroid shot- so I was NOT looking forward to seeing hives, because I knew I'd either be miserable, or have to take a trip to the ER. Boo. Amy and I took a cab home around 1, and I woke up at 5 AM in a panic because hives were everywhereeeee. Took a cold shower and cried and went back to sleep. Here's a couple cute pictures from the night!

Pictures are of me, Bird and Amy!

Sooo next day was a late start (because Bird got in late, and I was too busy with my hives!) We went to Cooba for brunch (DElicious!) But I was falling asleep since I was on Benadryl. Good thing was the hives went away- bad thing was I was on a sedative so I fell asleep everywhere! After that we went by Wrigley Field (Bird lives a block away!), saw Clark Street (think 6th street but all geared toward Cubs), then ventured to the Sears Tower. They had 0% visibility, so we decided to come back later, or Sunday to see if the weather would clear up. Here Amy and I are at Wrigley Field, and me with the Harry Carey statue. ("If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself?"haha)

Do we look cold to you? :) It actually wasn't that bad. Temps rose to upper 30's and 40's! It the dang wind. They don't call it the windy city for nothing....

Well at this point, I broke out in full hives everywhere from my ear lobes to my fingers, knees, toes. Not good. I decided to stay in and not go out with Linds and Ames. I cried I was so sad and miserable I couldn't be with them, and I couldn't get rid of this nonsense hives business! Turns out, it was probably better off. The girls got pretty drunk and were hungover the whole next day. It was so bad, I'm pretty convinced they had something in their drinks, because they were still throwing up well into the next night. I've neeeever seen Amy like that before. So we were supposed to go sight seeing the next day, but both the girls were too sick. Me and Ames went to the Sears tower- again zerrroooo visibility (dang fog) and then Amy couldn't take it any longer and took a cab home. I went to the bean, Millineum Park, and strolled around downtown by myself. Luckily I had my I-pod with me, so I blended in well and didn't look too much like a tourist (until I took my camera out of course!) Here are some pictures from the day!
Sears Tower (great view, eh?), the Bean, Millineum Park, some crazy statue thing (that's actually a water fountain when it's not freezing outside), and the ice skating rink outside the park. I made a friend at the bean with the guy taking my picture- he then proceeded to ask me to take a picture with him....random and super creepy!


Got back to Lindsey's house (3 story huuuuge house by the way and she pays less than I do!) and the girls were still in bed (poor things). Got them up and moving for our dinner reservations and Dream Girls on Broadway! Didn't make dinner at where we originally wanted- but ended up at a yummy tapas place that was fun. After that we RAN to Dream Girls and barely made it- it was awesome, absolutely loved it. After, we strolled around, and went back to the houst to hang out and be goofy. Here are pictures from the rest of the trip.


Then got back Monday and bowled a 123 in my first game (my best by a point!) and a 140!! I was on cloud 9. I told Steve that it needs to be on my tombstone so everyone will remember me by that large feat. :) Tuesday was busy, Court brought me lunch, and I went to get drinks with Eagan after his test, then took care of Steve at night. Today is busier, that's why writing this took me 4 hours! Gah. Dinner and bowling with Eag and Court (and who else) tonight! So excited! Have a wonderful Hump Day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment