Wednesday, March 2, 2011

new beginning

It's no secret that Ms. Chapa is not the size 4 (sometimes 2...ugh) that she used to be. I was my fittest in high school (of course) and my sophomore/junior year of college. Then what happened? Oh, I turned 21. It's only been the past 2 years (and most recently past year) where I have been bigger than ever. I'm not obese, I'm just no where NEAR where I would like to be. I know it is changeable and I just need to put my pedal to the metal. I have been really inspired by two women lately. They don't know it, but they are truly the reason that I'm taking better care of myself and getting back on track. I knew I kept all those 4 jeans around for a reason...;)

First inspiring woman:
Ashley V! I have known Ashley since high school. When we weren't chasing after the same lame boy- we were cordial. It wasn't until college that we became actual friends! She came up a couple times to A&M  and every time she would make me laugh until I cried. Her dry, sarcastic witty humor is so contagious (to want to be around...not imitate!) and I really was so happy we were friends. We don't talk much, but almost every time I go home (which is never anymore...sad)  I hang out with her, Shirlee, Jessica and Lauren. I really honestly love those girls. They are exactly what you see. They aren't fake to me (I hope! haha) and really good friends. They are those friends that don't judge you, really listen when you talk, and are SO.MUCH.FUN. I will go a year without contact, but when we see each other, it's like nothing has changed. Gah...now I want to go home! Anyway, Ashley was "the" hot girl in high school (and totally still is...but not in high school...that would be weird) all the boys loved her. She still is GORGEOUS (those eyes! I'm not gay, promise) but wanted to shed some drinking weight over the past year. Now, Ashley was not obsese, or even fat. I feel like we were similar body types- but now! Wow! She's a Skinny Minny, and she still wants to lose 15 pounds! She started at the beginning of January (like most) but has really kept up with it! I follow what she's doing on facebook almost daily- she's been working out every day (sometimes twice a day), eating less, and all healthy things, and....cut out alcohol. YIPES! So, I'm taking my shot at this starting Monday (2/28/11). I have exercized every day this week, and no alcohol, and no sweets so far! I have been eating smaller portions, and lots of fish, veggies, and fruits. So proud of Ashley. Once I get her permission, I'll post pictures that she has posted on Facebook- it's incredible the change! So proud of you Ash :)

Next inspiration- MOM!!
My mom is a bit older than me and Ashley, so it has always been a bit of a challenge for her to lose weight. Recently she has been taking up walking- and she has lost 30 pounds! She looks great. She's always been a pretty healthy eater, but now she's really cracking down and not allowing cheat days! (We've all been there!) She's still going towards her goal weight- but I know this is the thinnest she's been in years- so proud of you Mom! You always tell me how proud you are of me- now it's my turn! Maybe she'll let me post a before and after picture too :)

So, I'm in day 3. Today I have boot camp after work (I am walking so funny, the students think I'm crazy) which I'm not entirely looking forward to since Monday was 40 minutes of lunges, and lunges with weights and MORE lunges! But somehow I will do it and I will sleep goooood tonight! I hope that I can continue on this journey and I will  keep you updated on how it goes! I will post pictures once I get to my first goal weight! I'm excited, but I gotta get through the first two weeks- I hear those are the hardest! Any tips? I would love food suggestions and work out classes/exercizes!

xoxo
e

2 comments:

  1. Awww... thanks honey! I'm proud of both of us! A word of wisdom from the old lady--don't go at it so fast that you get burned out. Weight loss and fitness is a long, uphill climb so take it slow. We all want instant results but not only is that not going to happen, it's self-defeating. Change up your diet and workout routines. As I told you, I'm trying zumba although I have no illusions that I'll ever be good at it! But I can keep moving to the beat... And I've added yoga in the morning, mostly because I'm so creaky and everything hurts and pops. Since I sit all day long, I can add some of these moves throughout the day. I got a couple 12 minute yoga DVDs from the library (where else?) and they are great and easy to add to a busy day. I'll be glad to share my recipes with you!!! :-) Keep up the good work! When we reach our goal, let's do a makeover session together!
    Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so so sweet :) thank you love!! I miss you. My best advice is you just have to force yourself, it also really has helped me to make it public....not sure why but knowing people are watching has helped me stick with it......on the days I don't wanna go to the gym I tell myself just to go and do 20 mins.....by the time I do the 20 mins I can do my hr and a half!!!!

    I also take a break on sat and sun (but still try to do something active still!!!!)
    don't deny yourself everything or you will fall off the wagon HARDCORE :) just don't do anything bad for you often, I used to have a cheat day once a week now I do a cheat meal about once every two weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete