Monday, March 7, 2011

let's go fly a kite!

Reason #137,243,247 that I LOVE Austin, Texas. The annual Kite Festival at Zilker park was yesterday, and it couldn't have been on a more perfect day! I felt very very sick, but I did not want to miss this. I went with Casey, Brooke, David and Steve and we met up with Steve's brother Tom and his wife Jacque and a few of their friends. Steve and Brooke did most of the kite flying- I was nervous that I would hit a small child or crash into one- so I left that up to Steve :) There were hundreds of kites there- some super cute ones! Brooke and I can't wait for another day like that so we can go fly kites without a million people around. Not only was it a gorgeous day, but it was a great day to people watch too. We saw everything- from dogs as big as me, to a cat on a leash. Interesting people in Austin! Here are just a couple kites pictures I took. I want to buy a kite now :)



Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment