Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's rodeo season, y'all

I've always loved country music, but I used to really be into Texas Country in college (maaaybe had to do with going to a very "country" university) but had seemed to have lost that loving feeling lately. I need some new music to gear up for spring and summer. PLEASE give me suggestions! There are some bands I have seen live, but haven't taken the time to really download/buy their music. Here are a few oldies but goodies...

ANYTHING Pat Green- seriously. Well, I take that back. I haven't listened to his new, new stuff. But ALL of his old stuff is golden.
My favorite is...



Not the best audio, but I still love it!

Another favorite by Robert Earl Keen, "Feelin' Good Again"


Eli Young Band- "When It Rains"
(an actual music video- you know they hit it big!)


Loved singing this song in college...

so many to choose from, but Randy Rogers Band is another great band...
"This Time Around"


and another...their biggest hit to date
"Kiss Me in the Dark"


and I don't know how you can't tap your foot along to this one...
Stoney Larue- Oklahoma Breakdown


Reminds me of 2 stepping in college!


Now I gotta plug my friend Clint's band Emory Quinn. They play SXSW, Chilifest, Gruene Hall- and quickly rising to fame! Clint and I were class officers together and it's so good to see him (and Nathan) when they come to town. I hope to see them in Austin over SXSW. Here's a song from the 2009 Black Tie & Boots inaugural ball in Washington, DC.
Emory Quinn- Devil's Disguise


What are some other favorites? I need to get a playlist going! :)

e

1 comment:

  1. on the topic of pats newer stuff...took me a while to finally buy that latest album but i did and love it. the best hit for sure is LET ME!!! im sure you know it and love it but if for some reason you dont, go get it!

    ReplyDelete