Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I love Fall!

Oktoberfest was a blast! I forgot how much I LOVE Fredericksburg, Texas! It has been a while. The weather was perfect, I actually got more than 7 hours of sleep- I was ready for a fun day with my mom :) We left about 10 in the morning, and went straight to the tents for Oktoberfest. We immediately took pictures with the huge beer-stein at the entrance. It wasn't as crowded early, so we were about to look at a lot of arts and crafts, try some German food, and get seats at the German band (that played the chicken dance SIX times while we sat there!) 

After we had enough German-ness, we walked around Main Street and window shopped (mostly!) and then headed to Becker Vineyard. This place was gorgeous! I wish he had had more time there. It was $10 and you get 6 wine tasting tickets. All the bartenders were so friendly, and the wine was very, very good! I don't like red wine that much, and I brought home a bottle with me! As we were milling about and looking for cheese, I turned around and saw my mom had run into Beth! She is the mom of three kiddos we used to be very close with growing up. I say kiddos, but Annie (who was the reason they were there- for her bachelorette party) is my age, Lynn is a year younger than me (and the one I was closest with when I was little), and then Jimmy who was good friends and swam with Daniel. Jimmy now swims for UT and is making a name for himself. It's neat to follow him on TV and in the paper. Hopefully he'll be in London in 2012! It was great to see them and I found out Lynn lives 2 miles from me in Austin! Annie is getting married next weekend, and Lynn is getting married 11/11/11 in VEGAS next year! AT the Bellagio on a balcony. How exciting! :) Here is me, Beth and Lynn at the vineyard. Lynn is tall. I am small.
It was a great day! Steven was at a wedding with his folks, and I wish I could have gone, but spending the day with my mom was just priceless! Then Sunday we went to lunch for Mr. Yarrington's birthday, hung out with the parents for a bit, then headed back to Austin to see The Social Network with friends. I will give my opinion on that movie in a later post! I also have exciting news to post, but it needs a post all of it's own! It's not new news, but it's news I haven't blogged about :)

Also, Steve and I booked our weekend "getaway"! We'll be staying at the Antler Hotel! Going fishing, hiking, and visiting a vineyard! So excited for a nice, relaxing, CHEAP weekend away! :) Check out the hotel/cabin- it's precious! And on Lake LBJ- my favorite lake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment