Wednesday, February 2, 2011

los libros

Oh, I am jumping on one of my resolutions (a month late)- to read more! I'm doing a devotional study with some girlfriends and this is the book we are reading:



I'm only one chapter in, but so far I really like it. The first chapter was about being more Mary, not Martha when it comes to being a hostess. Instead of running around preparing things (like Martha did for Jesus and the disciples), enjoy your company and don't sweat the details. A lot of times I take things personally when people cancel with things I've helped put together, or get stressed to make sure all the little things are ready, but really I should just relax and sit back and laugh! Enjoy the times I have with the girls, and the moments I get to see Steve. But most of all, when I'm home in SA, to enjoy the time I have with my parents now. Like Mary and Martha, they had no idea that Jesus was going to die, and I don't know how much longer I am going to be able to enjoy time with my parents. I also had a desire to call my Dad after the last episode of How I Met Your Mother. If you watch the show, you know what I mean!
A "fun" book I juuust started reading (barely through the first chapter) is a Jodi Picoult book called House Rules. Jodi is one of my favorite authors, so I'm hoping this is another good one! It's about a boy with autism who has the ability to help solves murders, but then he is framed for one of the murders. Sounds crazy, but leave it to Jodi to make it a great story (and I'm sure a tear jerker!) She has also written books like My Sister's Keeper and Nineteen Minutes!

I'll let you know how they turn out!


1 comment:

  1. I saw that episode of HIMYM. Of course, we BOTH cried. You should have called him! Glad you are doing this study. Feel free to share what you learn! -mom

    ReplyDelete