Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

...well a couple days late!

Not anything out of the ordinary, but I have been really inspired by Steven recently. I really want to make it a personal 2011 goal to make more time for myself- not time meaning laying on the couch and watching TV, or taking naps...but doing new things and meeting new people, hanging with old friends and really making myself happy. Not relying on a job, or a boyfriend, or my family, or my friends to make me happy. Getting up and finding MANY outlets to happiness. Last year it started out that way- and then I got lazy and in a rut. I let people bother me too much with their attitudes and selfishness. Maybe I need to be more selfish in the fact that I don't need to worry about their problems and attitudes, but let it go, smile, and surround myself with people that make me smile and appreciate me as much as I appreciate them. :)

This year I also really want to pray for guidance with a career. I know education in some aspect is for me, but I'm not sure where. I want to be passionate about  my job everyday, and some days it's REALLY hard. I love, love, LOVE my kiddos, but there are so many other ways I could help them out and reach out to them besides academics. Who knows what my dream job even is, or where it is. I'm using 2011 as a year to let God guide me to where (either here or there) and what I need to be doing to make my life more useful and glorifying to Him. Or maybe since this rut is over, I'll wake up and realize I"m already in my dream job? haha

Just taking it one day at a time! So thankful for my understanding, honest, and completely loving (including all my imperfections) man in my life. Without him, I would be a very different person.

Can't wait for 2011! Already have a Vegas trip in the books (Late April), and a trip to the Mavs/Spurs game in DALLAS (omg i can't WAIT!) ready to go. Possibly a trip to San Diego in March for Broberg's bachelorette, and a trip TBD (crossing my fingers for Los Angeles) with just Steven in July. Don't see how we could top 2010...but I always like a challenge....;)

No comments:

Post a Comment