Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

I would just like to forget yesterday. Talk about case of the Mondays! After a perfect, and I mean, WONDERFUL weekend with Steven, I had a horrendous Monday. Long story short- Austin Electricity screwed up my  new account when I moved into my apt, so my apt recently figured it out (unknown to me) and they shut off my electricity (even though I had paid). Luckily I was out of town this past weekend, so it wasn't a huge deal. I spent an hour on the phone with their number one idiot- Nick, and he belittled me and didn't even try to listen to how THEY screwed up. I almost slapped a baby yesterday, I was furious. Not only did they not turn on my electricity until late, but charged me $300 for THEIR mistake! WTF! So I called today and tried to remain calm and talked to a supervisor and FINALLY got it all worked out! Amazing what happens when people actually listen and aren't hard headed. Anywho, that just set me off yesterday, coupled with the fact I was exhausted and sucked it up at bowling. I was not a happy camper. My friends at bowling and Steve cheered me up last night and this morning I woke up with a little hitch in my step. Smiling from ear to ear. This was even before I found out they were going to drop the $300 charges! Life's too short, and it's Mr. Guy's bday. Plus I had one of the best weekends this past weekend with Steve...sooo I guess I can talk about that a little....

Started off a little late on Friday- got to La Cantera around 9 or 9:30 and upon check in found out that he got us an upgrade! We were on a floor with it's own happy hour and meeting area. Our room had a view of the golf course and the weather was absolutely perfect! We were in the room for like 10 minutes when there was a knock on the door and it was this cart with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! When Steve had called he mentioned it was our early Valentine's weekend and they just sent that up! How nice. Unfortunately Friday night my stomach started hurting- must have been the beer, wine, liquor and champagne on an empty stomach! Eek. We went to dinner, then turned in kind of early. Saturday we hung around and went shopping at La Cantera, ate a late Italian lunch, watched the Aggie bball game, hung around some more....then went to see Dear John at the drafthouse. It was just ok...weird twist in it and I didnt really like that. Sunday we went to the Stockshow and Rodeo. Didn't actually see the rodeo part, but went and checked out the carnival and all the animals. Steve loved the petting zoo! He was very apprehensive about it and thought it was uncool, buuuut I'm pretty sure he would go back again and loved it :) 

David's birthday is today and his HH too! Steve's gonna chaperone the Valentine's Dance with me Wednesday and that's all I really have for the week. I have my half on Sunday- I ran for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday and my knee is in paaaain. We'll see how Sunday goes- I have a feeling I'll be walking about half of it. Ah well. Maybe after I visit the dr I can find something to help out my knee and maybe do the Cap 10K in April with Paige and Alison. 

Here are some pictures from the weekend:

Notice the bottles we already brought...the guy opening our new bottle probably thought we had a drinking problem....

View from our room!
 
My favorite picture of the weekend- did I mention they had like a tennis court full of moon bounces? This is Steve going through the obstacle one. Apparently he has no problem throwing his body off the top of it!
  
Picture at the moon bounce :)
  
With our new expensive shades we bought at La Cantera!

 

Steve awkwardly posing at the petting zoo. He says those aren't  kangaroos. I think they are. Thoughts??

 

Me feeding the animals! Eek I was so scared they were gonna bite me

  

Steve wasting his money, errr I mean winning me a stuffed animal! :) He didn't get it here, but Winston (the frog) is the best stuffed animal I own!
 

"Pigture Perfect" haha 
  

Have a wonderful week! Say a prayer for me and the rest of my week/training! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment